CAD and Engineering Technician Apprentice (F/T: 40hrs pw)
To provide CAD and engineering support to transport planning, traffic and highways engineering teams and be an effective member of the overall LTP team.
Work as part of a team to produce CAD drawings to support the delivery of transport planning, traffic and highway engineering projects. CAD drawings will principally involve the use of AutoCAD in transport planning, traffic and highway engineering including:
- Figures and plans to support Transport Assessments/Statements and other studies and reports;
- 2D concept and preliminary design drawings of traffic and highway schemes including:
- Traffic signing and road markings
- Junction improvements
- Highway improvements
- Sustainable transport infrastructure (e.g. cycle and pedestrian measures)
- Road safety schemes
- Parking and traffic regulation orders
- Traffic signals schemes
- 2D & 3D detailed design construction drawings including:
- General arrangements
- Excavations and earthworks
- Kerb and pavement details
- Cross and longitudinal sections
- Drainage details
- Traffic signs, road markings and traffic signals
Ensure technical content and quality of output produced is in line with the project brief including adherence to agreed timescales and time inputs
Through on and off the job training develop competency in the use and application of technical standards and methods used in transport planning, traffic and highway engineering projects to develop an ability, over time, to produce design solutions with minimum supervision from senior colleagues.
- Level 2 GCSE including Maths, English and a Science desirable
- Hands on experience of using AutoCAD design software or similar is desired
- Experience of working in civil engineering or design is desirable but not essential
- Full driving licence would also be advantageous
- It would be advantageous to have a level 3 or higher in CAD, design, construction or engineering disciplines but this is not essential.
Skills required: Good written and spoken communication skills
Personal Qualities: Interest in developing a career in engineering design
Future prospects: The post offers excellent opportunities for career advancement that will be achieved through increased experience, competence and attaining academic/professional qualifications.
Possible Start Date: 31/07/2017
Programme Duration: 24-36 months
Training provided: Level 3 Apprenticeship in Engineering Design Draughtsperson. There will also be the chance to obtain Functional Skills if required.
Apply online via East Riding College: http://bit.ly/2uPWfER
For more information about this vacancy please contact the provider East Riding College Limited on 01482 390888 or email: email@example.com (Ref ID:72573)
Registered in England No. 5295328